Home of the webâ€™s best political conversation
Why not relax, and converse into the night on the dayâ€™s events in PB NightHawks.
If youâ€™re a lurker, why not delurk, It Only Takes A Minute to delurk, Iâ€™m sure youâ€™ll Shine with your contributions. Never Forget, we were all lurkers once.
The round up of recent events (click on the links below, and it will bring up the relevant link)
- Polls can shape reality, not just reflect it.Â The pollsters and the media have to make decisions based on public opinion â€“ but those decisions can then shape us.
- Englandâ€™s awkward answer to the West Lothian Question
- What does history suggest will happen in the polls?Â Encouragingly for Cameron, since 1979 the party in power has often won support in the year before the election.
- Have the Greens really overtaken the Lib Dems in the polls?
- You want constitutional change? Fixed-term parliaments have already done the job.Â Why our politics could be in chaos after the next election
- Scottish independence referendum: what we learned about bookies vs pollsters.
- The Tories lie about the NHS in Wales to distract us from what theyâ€™re doing in England
- Middle-class families hit by Labour’s mansion tax.Â Ed Miliband faces criticism over his plans for a ‘mansion tax’ from Labour MPs in London who say policy is ‘dysfunctional and misconceived’
- Why did Britainâ€™s political class buy into the Toriesâ€™ economic fairytale?Falling wages, savage cuts and sham employment expose the recovery as bogus. Without a new vision weâ€™re heading for social conflict
- Tackling tax avoidance should be a top manifesto issueÂ
- Ukip does deal with far-right, racist Holocaust-denier to save EU funding.Â
- Parliament has more important priorities than this spiffwaddle
- Blind defenders of â€˜free movementâ€™ sound like US gun nuts
- Turkey in Europe? Now thereâ€™s a migrant backlash waiting to happen
- France to use Britain’s ‘illegal’ plans to cut EU migrant numbers
- Prison whistleblowers being threatened with dismissal
- ITV News Called Ed Miliband The â€œLabour Party Ladyâ€
- â€œUKIP Calypsoâ€ Might Be The Most Cringeworthy Political Anthem Ever
- Yesterday was the 2,216th anniversary of the Battle of Zama, when Hannibal despite outnumbering his opponent, was exposed as the inept and overrated military commander most people knew him to be.
- Today is the 41st anniversary of the Saturday Night Massacre.
- Tomorrow is the 209th anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar.Â