Home of the webâ€™s best political conversation
Why not relax, and converse into the night on the dayâ€™s events in PB NightHawks.
If youâ€™re a lurker, why not delurk tonight.
The round up of recent events (click on the links below, and it will bring up the relevant link)
- Second Scottish independence debate to be screened live across UK by BBC.Â Alistair Darling and Alex Salmond will go head to head on 25 August, as 700,000 postal votes are sent out for the referendum
- Why is everything going wrong for the Scottish Yes campaign?Â The SNP is paying the price for its botched currency logic.
- Bank of England has contingency plans for Scotland Yes vote
- Two political fundraising successes
- Ukip donations overtake Liberal Democrats
- Wage growth in shock collapse as unemployment rate continues to fall.Â Average weekly earnings contract for first time in seven years amid buoyant jobs market
- Sanctions against those on sickness benefit up 350 per cent in Government crackdown
- Veto of human rights rulings will damage Britain’s stance on Iraq, Dominc Grieve warns
- US ground troops land on Iraq’s Mt Sinjar to evacuate trapped Yazidis
- 50 years after the last execution in Britain, people still tend to support the reintroduction of the death penalty, by 45-39%
- 50 years after the last hanging, the UK has fallen out of love with the death penalty
- Tories wonâ€™t discipline councillor who â€œlikedâ€ Miliband beheading comment
- Need to calibrate your irony meter?Â Wife of anti-gay group president left him – for another woman
- 19 Chat Up Lines That Would Definitely Work In London.Â These lines will make you hotter than the Central Line in rush hour.
- Tomorrow is the 235th anniversary of the ending of theÂ Penobscot ExpeditionÂ when Britain inflicted theÂ United States’ worst naval defeat prior to Pearl Harbour (Hat-tip Sunil)