Home of the webâ€™s best political conversation
Why not relax, and converse into the night on the dayâ€™s events in PB NightHawks.
If you’re a lurker, why not delurk, you can even talk about whether England will be playing in the likes of Rio next summer, hopefully England’s world cup chances won’t crumble like the Carthaginians at Zama or Starfleet at Wolf 359 tonight. Â If you have The Reflex not to post, ignore it tonight, you won’t become Notorious if you delurk.
The round up of recent events (click on the links below, and it will bring up the relevant link)
- Using a recent, typically brilliant analysis by Mike Smithson, Iain Martin concludes thatÂ Ukip isn’t going away
- The Economist will rue the day, The Economist urges Ministers to forget about saving ‘failing’ cities and towns such as Hull, Hartlepool and Burnley
- ScottishPower owner says Labour energy price freeze risks blackouts
- Royal Mail shares soar 38% as Labour complains of knockdown price
- Hopi Sen writes, Labour should embrace welfare reform. Tory jibes about ‘the welfare party’ chime with voters. But if Labour is clever and hard-headed it can reap the rewards of a shakeup that’s popular and fair
- But if Labour is clever and hard-headed it can reap the rewards of a shakeup that’s popular and fair
- Dear Labourâ€™s new election teamâ€¦
- Red Cross to launch winter food aid plan for Britain’s needy. The Red Cross is to launch its first winter food aid programme to collect and distribute food to Britain’s needy since the Second World War.
- Jack Straw: Guardian has shown ‘extraordinary naivety and arrogance’ in leaks
- Royal charter: political parties reach deal on press regulation system
- and this is The Spectatorâ€™s two-letter response to politiciansâ€™ plans for licensing the press
- Social Workers slam The Guardian for blaming Gove for the deaths of Baby P and Hamzah Khan
- How the Bank of Salford is taking on the Sharks
- Some good news for supporters of Scottish Independence.
- Genetics outweighs teaching, Gove adviser tells his boss
- Man-made climate change isn’t happening, tweets First Capital Connect
- Norman Baker talks about immigration, conspiricies and taking on Teresa May
- Nick Clegg shows he has a sense of humour
- Converting to Islam: British women on prayer, peace and prejudice
- Ted Yarbrough: Lucky You! Why an American conservative is envious of the UK
- Doctor Who: Yeti classic among episodes found in Nigeria
- A lawyer turned porn baron is being taken to court by a glamour model who claims that he gave her a flat and a car in return for sex
- Norway’s solution to elk collisions: disco poles. Devices with flashing lights and rhythmic sounds to be installed in attempt to cut collisions between animals and cars
- Lib Dem MP for Somerton and Frome David Heath, who earlier this week lost his rural affairs ministerial job, will stand down at the next election: