Home of the web’s best political conversation
Why not relax, and converse into the night on the day’s events in PB NightHawks.
If you’re a lurker, why not take the final few Steps and delurk, it’ll be a Tragedy if at least 5,6,7,8 lurkers don’t delurk. I’m sure your contributions won’t be Better Best Forgotten.
The round up of recent events (click on the links below, and it will bring up the relevant link)
- PMQs verdict: Ed resists the urge to be the quiet man – and turns up the volume
- David Cameron Refuses To Rule Out Cutting Tax For The Rich
- The Tory rebels have a choice: shut up or lose the election
- Douglas Carswell on why he was wrong to rebel
- How many Ukippers will be dead when the referendum happens? Sorry, but it matters
- If Mark Carney had one message for the people of Scotland, it was: “You can’t have your oat cake and eat it.”
- Would a Currency Union Work for an Independent Scotland? History, and Mark Carney, Suggest Not
- Scottish Catholics are being desperately wooed by the SNP; they could swing the result
- Britain’s economy is finally growing again. Three cheers for the coalition? The dismal experience of the past few years has obscured the UK’s very real economic strengths. Now we need to deal with its weaknesses
- Can electoral reform help Labour reach into the “electoral deserts” of the South?
- The Tories need a generous not a coercive rhetoric about the poor
- Reverse the child benefit cut and the politics of the 50p rate become irrelevant
- The two big lessons for the UK from Germany and the Nordics. Social investment welfare spending is central to future prosperity and the state has to become a more active and assertive economic actor.
- “We will not allow Nigel Farage to set our moral compass”
- However unsavoury Jobbik’s views are, Theresa May was right not to ban them
- UK’s ‘nasty xenophobia’ hurting Scotland’s universities
- The 800,000 people living in Britain with little or no English. Analysis of census figures shows how most people living in Britain who do not have a good command of English do not have a job
- The gagging bill looks designed to undermine trade unions, If passed, this law will not only curtail campaigning efforts, but also give the government access to membership records
- Liam Fox settles libel case over Adam Werritty claims. Fox to collect significant undisclosed sum in settlement of lawsuit against Dubai-based businessman Harvey Boulter
- Obama’s pot dealer beaten to death for farting in gay lover’s face
- Show me the poo!: Tower Hamlets park official calls for police back-up over ‘non-compliance of female’ over mystery dog foul
- Short man syndrome really does exist, Oxford University finds
- What can Dick Swaab tell us about sex and the brain?
- Hollywood’s villainous Brits may be playing out their final act
- Tomorrow is 365th anniversary of the execution by beheading of Charles I, for being tyrant, traitor and murderer; and a public and implacable enemy to the Commonwealth of England.
- Tomorrow is the 353rd anniversary of the posthumous execution of Oliver Cromwell.