Will the big spending Dems campaign produce a sensation?
The biggest current political betting markets in the UK are not about British politics at all. They were about the US with Trump’s survival being number one and the Alabama senate race, which takes place next Tuesday, number two.
The latter has the advantage of being settled very soon. Punters have only a few days to wait until they know whether their gamble has paid off or not.
At the moment on Betfair the Republicans, with their controversial candidate, is rated as an 80% chance with the Democratic man on 20%.
The polling has this very tight with most showing a small GOP lead though some have Moore behind.
In normal times with a normal candidate the GOP would be an absolute certainty. This is very strong territory for the party and it is only the allegations of sexual transgressions by several women that have given the Democratic Party any hope.
Everything is going to depend on turn out next Tuesday and here it is hard for pollsters to get this right.
My sense is that the Democratic campaign with ads like the ones above are designed to impede turnout amongst Republican voters and persuade Democratic ones that their man had a chance.
My view is that at current odds that the betting value is with the Democratic party who are worth a punt.