Home of the web’s best political conversation
Why not relax, and converse into the night on the day’s events in PB NightHawks.
If you’re a lurker, why not delurk, why not Sit Down and delurk, it’s your Destiny Calling to delurk, if you want to learn if you should have Laid that political bet or not, then PB is the place for you.
The round up of recent events (click on the links below, and it will bring up the relevant link)
- The Conservatives have good feeling, but—ahead of the general election—neither they nor Labour have momentum
- Ed Miliband’s key problem: he’s an insider when voters want outsiders
- PMQs review: Miliband plays it safe by going on the NHS. In Labour’s “economy week”, its leader avoided the subject.
- Labour wants to stay in its NHS comfort zone and ignore immigration and the economy
- Tory general election campaign fund three times bigger than Labour’s
- With no message, no strategy and no money, how will Miliband fight a General Election?
- Why it’s likely Ed Miliband will fight on if Labour lose next year
- How London could have a Tory Mayor in 2016 again
- Union demands Cabinet minister in Labour government. Cabinet minister for unions is key demand of “new deal” with Labour, claims senior Unite official
- City lawyers told Scots’ Yes vote would bring ‘tsunami of work
- Rome will be conquered next, says leader of ‘Islamic State’
- Nicolas Sarkozy charged with corruption
- After Harris and Coulson, isn’t it about time for a historic banking crime investigation?
- How the Tories chose to hit the poor.
- Scots’ Benefit Payments ‘Stopped 900,000 Times’ In Draconian Scheme
- Londoners’ consumer confidence “a year ahead of the regions.” The capital’s economic optimism is 19 months ahead of the North-East
- A humdinger of an entry for John Rentoul’s QTWTAIN list. Is George Osborne a threat to Planet Earth?
- 9 Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask About Ramadan
- Footage of Japanese politician crying at press conference becomes internet hit
- Four new episodes of Sherlock confirmed by BBC
- Someone On Tinder Is Pretending To Be Ed Miliband And It’s Pretty Filthy. The Labour leader’s doppelganger would like to build a randier society for all. (A bit NSFW.)
- Thirteen reasons why lawyers are like condoms (Possibly NSFW)
- Tomorrow is the 74th anniversary of the sinking of the French fleet at Mers-el-Kébir, something which remains controversial to this day.