Home of the web’s best political conversation
Why not relax, and converse into the night on the day’s events in PB NightHawks.
If you’re a lurker, why not delurk, It Only Takes A Minute to delurk, I’m sure you’ll Shine with your contributions. Never Forget, we were all lurkers once.
The round up of recent events (click on the links below, and it will bring up the relevant link)
- Where UKIP gets its support from. (I was amazed to find that the group least likely to vote UKIP are Guardian readers)
- Why Labour’s next leader is likely to be a Blairite
- “This is about putting trust in our members and supporters” – Ed Miliband Interview
- Bursaries won’t fix Conservatives’ loss of working-class support
- If Cameron is serious about winning, he’s got to send for Gove
- Let’s (not) have a heated debate!
- Concerns over UK Conservatives’ ‘posh’ manifesto
- Rename The Conservative Party The ‘Workers’ Party’, Says Tory MP
- Goodbye National Insurance. Hello Earnings Tax. National Insurance, a 100-year old charge on employers and employees, will be renamed “earnings tax”, the Chancellor has signalled.
- MPs push ministers on regional benefit cap – as Tories mull putting it in manifesto
- Shadow Floods Minister Barry Gardiner told to ‘take his mankini’ to Somerset Levels
- Scotland’s uneasy referendum alliances are beginning to fray.
- Cameron and Salmond set out vision of independent Scotland and its oil wealth
- Christine Lagarde thinks the troika got it wrong on Greece? If only she knew. The IMF chief’s admission that the wrong solutions were applied to the crisis seems crass, given what Greeks are suffering
- Tory Europhobia cripples Britain’s attitude to the Ukrainian crisis
- Russia denounces Ukraine ‘terrorists’ and west over Yanukovich ousting
- Has Britain’s promotion of gay rights in Africa backfired?
- The Government is more anti-EU than at any time in the last 20 years. So why are Eurosceptics still so gloomy?
- Ukip accepts EU exit could take several years
- Top Ten political cliches that would be great band names
- Harold Ramis: Ghostbusters’ Dr Egon Spengler was comedy’s GrandDude
- Why ‘Ghostbusters’ is the most libertarian Hollywood blockbuster of all time
- British Tabloid Claims the 13th Doctor Will Only Last One Year…
- ‘My dog understands my emotions’, say 95% of dog owners
- Today is the 23rd anniversary of the beginning of Operation Sabre, when General Norman Schwarzkopf came up with a military strategy that was positively Caesaresque in its brilliance. What made it even more impressive, we had the French on our side
- Today is the 711th anniversary of The Battle of Roslin.