Home of the webâ€™s best political conversation
If youâ€™re Footloose, and fancy free tonight, why not relax, and converse into the night on the dayâ€™s events in PB NightHawks.
If youâ€™re a lurker, why not delurk tonight, donâ€™t worry, delurking isnâ€™t the Highway to The Danger Zone.
The round up of recent events (click on the links below, and it will bring up the relevant link)
- The spiral of silence in polling
- Has Theresa May just declared war on Downing Street?Â The Home Secretary no longer seems to fear the PM’s wrath
- The Conservatives wonâ€™t win by banging on. And on. And on. And on. And on and on and on about Europe.
- Liverpool must back Rodgers and Labour must back Miliband
- Labour neglects English marginal seats at its peril â€“ it can’t just appeal to its “heartlands.Â Labour does best in places worst hit by the recession, but it has to branch out to enlarge its electoral base.
- Our political landscape is not changing anywhere near as much as we assume it is.Â With the Ukip rise, the Green surge, and the soaring of the SNP, it’s easy to get carried away and think we’re heading towards some sort of revolution
- Iain Duncan-Smithâ€™s Universal Credit failure explained in one simple chart
- Two charts that explain why old people keep getting free stuff.Â Pensioner benefits will cost taxpayers yet more billions. Here’s why
- Ukip and the hard-Left are both blinded by Tory hatred.Â The Left’s rhetoric has become as toxic as that of the hard-Right
- Will Northern Irelandâ€™s culture wars kill power-sharing?Â Westminsterâ€™s general indifference to what goes on in Northern Ireland is blinding it to the fact that the political process there is rapidly losing momentum.
- Head of Tristram Hunt’s old school criticises Labour’s ‘bigoted’ attack on private education,Â says Labour must spend more time raising standards in state education rather than relying on the fee-paying sector
- How can we tackle the â€œsocial apartheidâ€ in Britainâ€™s education system?
- When conspiracy theories enter the mainstream, itâ€™s time to worry.Â Secret oil fields in the North Sea, â€˜powerful forcesâ€™ conspiring against Ed Miliband, the EU to blame for Russia pouring arms into Ukraine. Enough already
- Save the Children staff furious over â€˜global legacyâ€™ award for Tony Blair
- Pope Francis calls Europe an â€˜elderly and haggardâ€™ grandmother
- Frenchman develops pills to make flatulence smell of roses.Â 65-year-old inventor says he came up with his range of indigestion tablets after he was “nearly suffocated” by the smell of farts
- YouGov polling on orgasms findsÂ Most women have faked it â€“ and so have 1 in 5 men
- 12 German Proverbs, Translated Literally.Â Remember: â€œOnly the hard come in the gardenâ€
- 2,057 years ago, theÂ Second Triumvirate was formed