Home of the webâ€™s best political conversation
Why not relax, and converse into the night on the dayâ€™s events in PB NightHawks.
To you lurkers, Â why not take the final few Steps to delurking? I’m sure your contributions won’t be Better Best Forgotten. It’ll be a Tragedy if 5,6.7,8 lurkers don’t delurk.
The round up of recent events (click on the links below, and it will bring up the relevant link)
- Some very interesting polling analysis by Ipsos-Mori finds that theÂ Combined satisfaction ratings of the three main party leaders lower than at equivalent point before any recent General Election.Â David Cameron has lead on three of the five most important traits of a Prime Minister according to the British public
- Labour in key seats retreat.Â In effect, Labour is now targeting a coalition with the Lib Dems following the next election.
- Which past general election will the next one most closely resemble?Â
- Labour needs to show the electorate some hard-hitting policies.Â The Tories’ share hasn’t risen but Labour’s poll lead is likely to slip further unless it makes a better offer than David Cameron’s government
- Miliband tailors Labour policies to win votes from UK middle classes
- Leaderless parties donâ€™t make for good partners in hung Parliaments
- France Une, Le Royaume Uni nil.Â
- In case you missed it, Mike Smithson is more influential than Rupert Murdoch.
- Legality of Alex Salmond’s tuition fees pledge for Scotland called into question.Â European commission says plan to charge English, Welsh and Northern Irish students could breach treaties
- Inflation is down, but the Tories shouldn’t declare the living standards crisis over
- A credit boom before each bust
- Cameronâ€™s EU referendum gamble has failed
- Clintons kept a political ‘hit-list’ of friends and enemies after failed 2008 bid.Â As Hillary Clinton deliberates on whether to run for president in 2016 a new book paints the Clintons as vindictive and raises ugly memories of desertions and betrayals in the 2008 campaignÂ
- David Cameron: We are still a green government
- Actually, we should judge separated parents, say Tory MPs.Â For the sake of the country, we need to be judgmental about parents who do not stay together, Conservative MPs sayÂ
- Labour’s Stephen Kinnock in the running for Aberavon candidacy.Â Neil Kinnock’s son gets go-ahead to enter race for Welsh seat in 2015 general election, after MP Hywel Francis stands down
- Russell Brand calls on Cambridge students to lead the revolution…However, he went further when he told Cambridge to â€œShut up, you Harry Potter poofsâ€
- The shocking facts about UK inequality.
- The Vikings were no worse than the Anglo-Saxons. Let’s celebrate this rich immigrant cultureÂ
- Meep meep! Ostrich spotted dashing down country lane in Royal Tunbridge Wells causing traffic chaos
- Today is the birthday of theÂ right hand man to the greatest military strategist of all time