Home of the webâ€™s best political conversation
Why not relax, and converse into the night on the dayâ€™s events in PB NightHawks.
If you’re a lurker, why not delurk? You’ll find delurking, So Good, don’t think you fall into the category of You Say It Best, When You Say Nothing At All, I’m sure your Words, will be a great contribution to pb.
The round up of recent events (click on the links below, and it will bring up the relevant link)
- Michael Crick says what all PBers have known for years. Andrea is an utter star.Â Secrets of the shortlist:Â why an Italian anorak puts us Brits to shame.
- Labour is losing argument over benefit reform,Â says Ed Miliband aide
- Theresa May must be glad she’s not on performance-related pay.Â As a select committee denounces a ‘chaotic summer for immigration policy’, the bad news for the home secretary just keeps on coming
- Iain Duncan Smith’s second epiphany:Â from compassion to brutality
- Itâ€™s time to end job centresÂ for the under-25s
- To win in 2015, Labour must reject Conservative austerity.Â Arguing that the party will be “tougher than the Tories” risks letting the Conservatives back into the game.
- Are the Liberal Democrats aÂ Lea & Perrins party?
- How Tory Euroscepticism has changed
- Ten GOP senators voted for gay rights.Â The culture war as we know it is over
- John Cole has died,Â here is his obituary.
- Scots cannot ditch EnglandÂ and keep their central bank
- Who is Joan McAlpine to criticise Scottish soldiersÂ for their loyalty to Britain in 1914?
- This year, I will wear a poppy for the last time –Â I will remember friends and comrades in private next year, as the solemnity of remembrance has been twisted into a justification for conflict
- The day 50 years ago when ourÂ last unelected Prime Minister faced the voters
- Why Cameron and Hague should cancelÂ their round trip to Colombo
- Are mutant Super-rats taking over the House of Commons?Â (Hat tip to Richard Nabavi)
- Jeremy Hunt set to make Â£17m fromÂ sale of online business
- The 12 Types Of People You Find InÂ News Website Comments
- ‘Thor’ homoerotic Loki fanart mistaken for posterÂ by Chinese cinema
- Netflix has announced it will buy four new live-action TV series from comic book firm Marvel,Â bringing some lesser-known superheroes to the small screen.
Please note, this Nighthawks was written around 4pm today as opposed to 8pm normally.