Home of the webâ€™s best political conversation
Why not relax, and converse into the night on the dayâ€™s events in PB NightHawks.
If you’re a lurker, why not delurk and Express Yourself? Delurking is the Vogue thing to do. Once you get, Into the Groove of posting, and you’ll stop feeling, Like a Virgin.
The round up of recent events (click on the links below, and it will bring up the relevant link)
- Defying Strasbourg ruling on prisoner voting rights risks anarchy, MPs told,Â Attorney-general Dominic Grieve warns of breach of international obligations if blanket ban on votes for convicted prisoners is kept
- HS2: We like infrastructure, we just donâ€™t like specifics.
- Don’t celebrate too soon, this recovery is dangerously unsustainable
- Five disabled people win independent living fund appeal.Â Court of appeal judges say government breached equality duty by failing to properly assess impact of abolishing fund
- Chilcot report stalled by row over notes sent from Blair to Bush
- The lessons Labour still needs to learn from Obama 2012
- The change Labour still needs
- We need to embrace Russell Brand â€“ heâ€™s the new political messiah
- Ed Miliband is making waves, but Labour needs to put Ed Balls centre stage
- Is it Euro-scepticism, or anti-establishment frustration, that is fuelling UKIP?
- I eagerly await Nicholas Soames response to this piece by Adam Afriyie.Â Now Is the Last Chance to Get a Referendum Before 2017
- Europe isn’t lurching to the far right. That’s escapist fantasy.Â Britain’s view of European politics is coloured by Germany’s terrible interwar years. But that period is no model for today
- BAE closure of Portsmouth shipyard prompts political row -Â Southern MPs claim Portsmouth site sacrificed by government to protect Glasgow jobs before independence vote
- MPs may live to regret this rash bid to neuter charities.Â The lobbying bill’s attack on the right to campaign at a time of public disaffection could cause the biggest upset since 1651
- PMQs Verdict: Milibandâ€™s old faithful, Cameronâ€™s tractor stats and a murder suspect
- PMQs: Relations between Cameron and Bercow break down
- â€œPeopleâ€™s Assemblyâ€ yobbery leaves Unite the Union with more questions to answer
- De Blasio ushers New York into a brave new world of liberal governance.Â The new Mayor’s administration will be a laboratory of sorts for modern progressivism
- What New York Mayor Bill de Blasio and Ed Miliband have in common. DeÂ Blasio’s landslide victory suggests that a new kind of progressive politics is what voters are looking for, writes Stewart Wood.
- Does Chris Christie prove you don’t have to be thin to win?
- POLITICIANS’ EXCUSES: AFTER ROB FORD, TEN OTHER UNLIKELY STORIES
- Chicago Cardinal Francis George, who once compared gay rights campaigners to the Ku Klux Klan, has come out in opposition to the recent passing of same-sex marriage in Illinois, calling it â€œbad legislation.â€
- Ban the burka? No, Muslim women need our protection.Â The argument that because one terror suspect escaped wearing a burka it should be banned is spurious, writes Jacob Rees-Mogg.
- Tommy Robinson, formerly of the EDL says, inter alia,Â “With some of the stories I read, I think some people would only be happy if I say ‘Allahu Akbar’ and converted.
- How Many Times Have MPs Locked Themselves Out Of Parliament?
- How to build your own Death Star