Home of the webâ€™s best political conversation
Why not relax, and converse into the night on the dayâ€™s events in PB NightHawks.
If you’re a lurker, why not delurk tonight, Everyone’s a winner if you do delurk.
The round up of recent events (click on the links below, and it will bring up the relevant story)
- Gove or May as Tory leader? No, Boris is still the grassroots’ favourite â€“ and by a country mileÂ Exclusive polling shows that Boris Johnson is by a long way the Conservative grassroots’ favourite to succeed David Cameron as party leader
- How Boris plans to run the Ultimate Bandwagon Leadership Campaign –Â “He is the Ulysses of our time, and sees the leadership as his Penelope. The Mayoralty is only Calypso – a stopping-point on the way back to what he sees as his own, as his possession. His competitors are the suitors. Â He is coming for them with a quiverful of fiery arrows.”
- Hopi Sen -Â Why Labour shouldnâ€™t only rely on a yellow tide to victory
- The Conservative Party has hired Barack Obama’s campaign manager Jim Messina for its general election campaign team
- You Sexy Thing –Â Nate SilverÂ The man who made number-crunching sexy
- Lib Dem peer calls on Nick Clegg to reopen party funding talks -Â Labour welcomes intervention of Lord Oakeshott, who says Clegg should be prepared to override Tory veto if necessary
- Tweeting arrests of ‘illegal immigrants’ is a new low for the Home Office
- Question to which the answer is yes: is this what being â€˜tough on immigrationâ€™ looks like?
- UKIP condemns Home Office roundup of suspected illegal immigrants -Â Nigel Farage calls actions deeply disturbing and ‘not the British way of doing things’
- As long as the Tories carry on their grim anti-immigrant posturing, their ‘Racist Party’ image will remain
- If you live in an ethnically diverse area â€“Â your rights are more likely to be doubted
- The US civil war is playing out again â€“ this time over voter rights
- UKIP – a truly Conservative government at last?
- Labour MP George Mudie’s “hesitant and confused” outburst at Ed Miliband stings because it rings true
- Universal Credit staff describe chaos behind scenes of flagship Tory reform
- Conservative members want the Coalition to end shortly before the election (and are opposed to the idea of another afterwards)
- So which anniversary will sway the Scots?Â Both Bannockburn and the Great War will loom large when Scotland votes on independence, one year from now
- Better Togetherâ€™s dismal campaign will weaken the UK in the long-run
- Man with learning difficulties could be forcibly sterilised in UK first
- BT and Vodafone among telecoms companies passing details to GCHQ
- Taiwan’s Politicians Brawl In Nuclear Debate (VIDEO)
- Network Rail have released a compilation of drunken accidents at railway station
- The next Doctor, will be revealed on Sunday at 7pm on BBC1
- Why the Ashes can be bad for you – TheÂ England player who lost the Ashes & died in poverty
- Red trousers are nothing for posh chaps to blush aboutÂ An opinion poll shows that most people have a negative view of men wearing red trousers.Â (TSE – for those who attended Dirty Dicks in April, what do you think the polling would say about men with red shoes?)
- Best of wishes and luck to Nick Palmer tomorrow at the Broxtowe selection, hopefully we’ll be saying tomorrow to Nick, So You Win Again