Home of the webâ€™s best political conversation
A great philosopher once wrote, Drop in, relax, and converse into the night on the dayâ€™s events in PB Night Hawks.
If you’ve always been a lurker, you should Move any mountain to start posting.
The round up of recent events (click on the links below, and it will bring up the relevant story)
- Lib Dems announce “The 2014 local and European elections are hugely important, so Iâ€™m putting one of our best campaigners in charge â€“ Tim Farron.”
- Seven questions the Conservative Party needs to answerÂ by the 33/1 outsider Adam Afriyie
- IrelandÂ to become the Â first EU country to ban cigarette branding
- These students would have needed the first electricity detective, Sherlock Ohms to help them answer an unanswerable question on their exam.
- Tim Stanley asks the same question that’s been bugging me about David Cameron’s holiday.
- The Tories are playing raucous politics with spending cuts â€“ again
- The ComRes data tables are out for their poll for Open Europe
- Former UKIP leader Alan Sked, writesÂ We need a Eurosceptic party of the centre left, I left Ukip, the party I founded, when it became a magnet for bigots. But what happened to leftwing opposition to the EU?
- PB poster SeanT pokes the hornets’ nest over at the telegraph blogs, where you will learn that “Weasels are just completely kinkyboots”Â among other things.
UPDATE – New ComRes phone poll out for the Independent.
As we can see both two major parties take a hit, whilst UKIP go up, it is Labour’s lowest lead with ComRes since September 2012.
The lead of 4% makes Ipsos-Mori’s poll showing Labour a lead of 3% less of an outlier.
The fieldwork was Friday to Sunday, so over the bank holiday weekend.
Â Note: Mike Smithson is currently on holiday