Home of the webâ€™s best political conversation
Relax, and converse into the night on the dayâ€™s events.
If youâ€™ve always been a lurker, why not get Into The Groove, and start posting tonight?
The round up of the day’s events.
- Nick Clegg says in tomorrow’s GuardianÂ Britain’s wealthiest people should face an emergency tax to avoid a breakdown in social cohesion as the country fights an “economic war” caused by a longer than expected recession.
- He also used the interview to all but make the first official announcement of Â David Cameron’s forthcoming ministerial reshuffle, indicating that David LawsÂ would be returning to government. “I have never made any secret of the fact that I want to see David Laws back in government,” Clegg said of the former chief secretary to the Treasury, who is expected to join the Cabinet Office with a particular focus on early intervention and the economy.
- David Cameron was askedÂ whether he is man or mouse over the third Heathrow runway?
- Whilst Justine Greening threatened to resign if a third runway were to be built, and Nick Clegg backed Justine Greening
- Mitt Romney’s campaign team has downplayed the Republican presidential challenger’s chances of achieving a vital poll bounce from the party’s convention, blaming the havoc caused by hurricane Isaac.