Home of the web’s best political conversation
If you’re going to be up, All Night Long, why not relax, and converse into the night on the day’s events in PB NightHawks.
If you’re a lurker, Hello, why not delurk tonight, if you do delurk, I’m sure you’ll be Dancing on the Ceiling in excitement.
The round up of recent events (click on the links below, and it will bring up the relevant link)
- Labour set to lose out as young voters give politics two fingers
- Labour’s bombardment of the Lib Dems shows it is going all out for a majority. Rather than preparing for another hung parliament, Labour is focused on “crushing” Clegg’s party
- Meet Ukip’s seal-hating, gay-baiting, victim-blaming Newark candidate, Roger Helmer
- How Labour can stop Nigel Farage
- There are three key questions Ukip must answer at the May elections. It’s not all plain sailing for the party everyone is tipping at the European elections, starting with how to broaden its appeal
- Opposition to a Conservative-UKIP pact hits record high among Tory Party members
- David Cameron sharpens tools to chip away at Nigel Farage support
- Why does the Tory party have a problem with ethnic minority voters? Because it deserves to.
- Between myself and Cameron, I am the one with much more intellectual self-confidence: Ed Miliband on why he’s ready to be PM
- Why Manchester could benefit from Scottish independence. A yes vote in Scotland could make the rest of the UK less likely to buy goods and services from north of the border
- Scottish independence would be devastating. Why isn’t the Government ready for it?
- OECD warning on house prices adds to pressure on Osborne over Help to Buy. Thinktank calls for clampdown on easy credit such as tighter access to scheme to bring ‘excessive’ house prices under control
- Modern England: a triumph of immigration and integration.
- Nick Griffin’s vision for BNP-led Britain shown in 1990s police interviews. Papers relating to 1998 prosecution on race hate charges show how Griffin wanted Britain to be overwhelmingly white nation
- When did the Labour party give up on fighting racism?
- Antifrank asks, are UKIP Littoral Democrats?
- There’s no evidence that privatisation works, but it marches on
- Should Britain have joined World War One?
- Germany has formally advised its citizens to leave east and south Ukraine because it is just a “few steps” away from war
- Babe Ruth, Don Bradman and cricket’s uneasy relationship with baseball
- Some of you may find this hard to swallow, but after a decade long silence, Monica Lewinsky says “I, myself, deeply regret what happened between me and President Clinton. Let me say it again: I. Myself. Deeply. Regret. What. Happened.”
- Was the greatest terrorist attack in the universe an inside job?