Home of the web’s best political conversation
Why not relax, and converse into the night on the day’s events in PB NightHawks.
If you’re a lurker, why not delurk, Right Now, It’s Ok to delurk, delurking will make you feel Whole Again.
The round up of recent events (click on the links below, and it will bring up the relevant link)
- Are things really looking that bad for the Lib Dems?
- Nick Clegg aims to show emotional side in second debate with Nigel Farage. Deputy PM admits he became bogged down in statistical disputes in first debate, which poll suggests UKIP leader won
- Ed Miliband risks losing next election and Unite support, says Len McCluskey. Labour is at a crossroads and may lose union’s financial backing if it offers ‘pale shade of austerity’, general secretary warns
- With Douglas Alexander in the firing line, cui bono?
- Labour beware: how elite candidates create an opening for UKIP. Stephen Kinnock’s selection for a safe Welsh seat where he has little connection with Labour voters could drive them to UKIP.
- 20% more men would like to date Nigel Farage than Nick Clegg
- Royal Mail Shares Hurt Taxpayer as Priced Too Cheaply By Vince Cable
- Tory fingers point at Michael Fallon over Royal Mail debacle
- George Osborne tops conhome’s Cabinet league table for the very first time
- George Osborne Praised For A ‘Brilliant Houdini-Style Trick’ On Cuts
- Britain holds less foreign currency reserves than Poland, says Deutsche Bank. UK foreign reserves rank 24th in the world at just $70bn, Deutsche Bank research shows
- Michael Gove is right — the Conservatives are the party of social justice
- Enough complacency. Enough bitching. The No camp needs to fight to save the Union
- Amid radical right gains, who will make the non-economic argument for immigration?
- Nick Clegg accuses Sheffield council of refusing to take Syrian refugees, Deputy PM is furious that Labour put pressure on government over refugee issue but is refusing to offer help locally
- Why aren’t Europe’s young people rioting any more?
- Communicating with MPs: Build the relationship
- New NHS chief angers unions with praise for private sector innovation. Unite says Simon Stevens’s comments demonstrate his and government’s shared agenda to draw in private providers
- Lego is a tool of Satan, warns Polish priest, Father Slawomir Kostrzewa says toy company represents ‘world of death’ and that Zombie and Monster Fighter mini-figures can lead children ‘to the dark side’
- Ukraine’s Darth Vader bids to lead nation to the dark side. Sith lord runs for president as candidate of Ukrainian Internet party, vowing to ‘make an empire out of a republic’
- The Kashagan Debacle - How four energy giants, 10 man-made islands and nearly $50 billion add up to zero barrels of current oil production
- The chosen one? YouGov finds Manchester United fans still behind David Moyes.
- How To Survive A Liverpool Title Win.
- April Fools’ Day 2014 round-up: Best spoofs and fake articles from around the world
- Volcanoes? Meteors? No, the worst mass extinction in history – The Great Dying – could have been caused by microbes having sex
- Watch Game of Thrones get spoiled in new hilarious (NSFW) Honest Trailer
- Tomorrow is the 32nd anniversary of Argentina invading the Falkland Islands.
- Send anyone but Michael Gove, say local Tories - The Education Secretary’s rivalry with Boris Johnson took a new twist when grassroots activists declared who they wanted for a morale-boosting visit