Home of the web’s best political conversation
If you’re experiencing a lack of Rapid Eye Movement why not relax, and converse into the night on the day’s events in PB NightHawks.
To all your lurkers, why not delurk? If you delurk, you won’t be saying, It’s the End of the World as We Know It, you’ll become Shiny Happy People.
The round up of recent events (click on the links below, and it will bring up the relevant link)
- Ukip faces question about its far-right friends in Europe. Party belongs to Europe for Freedom and Democracy grouping, which has MEPs with extreme views and uses anti-Islam rhetoric
- Nick Clegg v Nigel Farage? The Ukip leader must be licking his lips. The Lib Dem leader embodies everything Ukip voters take against. Only Clegg could pick himself as the man to turn them round
- The evidence is clear: the Home Secretary and the Conservatives talk nonsense on immigration. There appears to be little association between non-EU immigration and employment
- Labour’s jobs guarantee plan creates smart dividing lines with the Tories.
- The Tories are on course to become the higher tax party
- 11 Times Labour Have Pledged to Spend Bankers’ Bonuses
- Four reasons why George Osborne should abolish the Budget
- Why is local politics still dominated by men? Just 32% of local councillors are women. We must tackle the macho culture in party politics
- David Cameron resorts to paying for Facebook fans because not enough people like him
- Sex, drugs and old school ties. Which bits of MPs’ lives really matter? The real scandal can be found on a politican’s CV
- Should Britain just accept that it is no longer a major power?
- Details of sanctions against Russia to be finalised in London, David Cameron indicates asset freezes and travel bans will be imposed within days as tensions continue to escalate in Crimea
- Scotland’s dirty secret: it has Thatcherites too
- A ‘no’ to Scottish independence won’t save the Union
- Why Gordon Brown is a threat to Alex Salmond.
- A message for rUK – the SNP is a centre-right party
- This Edinburgh Pub Knows How To Entice A Crowd
- It’s “now acceptable to study zombies seriously.” The rise of zombie academia.
- Today is the 2,055th Anniversary of the Battle of the Aegates Islands. This set the long term pattern of the Romans thrashing inept Carthignian military leaders.
- Today is the 142nd anniversary of Alexander Graham Bell making the first telephone call in his Boston laboratory.