Home of the webâ€™s best political conversation
As we enter the Twilight Zone of Wednesday, why not relax, and converse into the night on the dayâ€™s events in PB NightHawks.
If you’re a lurker looking to Delurk, Get Ready For This thread, it give you a chance to delurk, hopefully there’ll be No Limits to the number of lurkers delurking.
The round up of recent events (click on the links below, and it will bring up the relevant link)
- A letter from Syed Kamall MEP punctures UKIPâ€™s absurd Muslim pledge idea
- Ukip MEP who supported Muslim code of conduct urged halal slaughter ban.
- Aidan Burley to quit as MP at next election after â€˜Naziâ€™ stag party row
- Itâ€™s time Miliband ignored Labourites who canâ€™t stand left-wing populism
- PMQs Verdict: Men men men men manly men?
- How women have deserted the Tories at the polls.Â
- How we fired Anne McIntosh MP
- Tim Yeo’s deselection: Is this the start of a Tory Spring?Â The deselection of two Conservative MPs in the past week is leading some to suggest that grassroots members have had enoughÂ
- Stage-managed PMQs? The problems go deeper than that.Â The revelation that David Cameron’s staff have been planting questions should signal the end of this grotesque charade
- Tory HQ canâ€™t tell difference between Huddersfield and Hull
- Hopi Sen admits “I am a blackleg scab.”
- Trade unions seen as essential, though not as powerful as in the 1970s and 80s
- Leave EU and face decline, say Chinese.Â The majority of China’s online population think the UKâ€™s influence in the world would decline if it left the EU, but Americans are more divided on the question
- Labour’s Wythenshawe and Sale East candidate wanted David Miliband to be leader.
- UK coalition strains show on economy.Â Public disagreement is becoming commonplace
- IFS: more than half of George Osborne’s planned cuts still to bite,Â Thinktank’s ‘green budget’ finds national debt will only return to pre-crisis levels in the mid-2030s
- We’re more Norwegian than British, say SNP supporters
- Scottish independence: Vince Cable claims RBS would ‘inevitably’ move to London
- Scottish independence: Taxis to drive Yes voteÂ (hat-tip TheUnionDivvie)
- Welcome to the gay-hating Olympics: Footage of horrific beatings and humiliation handed out by homophobic Russian gangs emerges days before country hosts winter Olympics (Note this contains graphic and upsetting footage, NSFW)
- You may start to dislike Bill Clinton, if you already disliked him, you’re probably going to start hating him.Â Elizabeth Hurley denies ‘ludicrously silly’ claims she had year-long affair with Bill Clinton after he flew her on private jet to the White House
- Policeman who smashed up pensioner’s car receives Â£400,000 compensationÂ
- Despite the tough talk, Grayling has listened to the judges on judicial review
- Met Police chief Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe apologised in person to Andrew Mitchell over Plebgate row
- Today is the 56th anniversary of the United State’s Air Force losing a hydrogen bomb, it has never been found.
- Tomorrow is the 365th Anniversary ofÂ The claimant King Charles II of England and Scotland being declared King of Great Britain, by the Parliament of Scotland. This move was not followed by the Parliament of England nor the Parliament of Ireland.
- Tomorrow is the 329th anniversary ofÂ James II of England and VII of Scotland becoming King upon the death of his brother Charles II.
- Is this Britain’s stupidest criminal? Watch the video of theÂ Bungling arsonist setting himself on fire in Rochdale