Home of the web’s best political conversation
Why not relax, and converse into the night on the day’s events in PB NightHawks.
If you’re a lurker, why not delurk, it’s the Vogue, thing to delurk and Express Yourself, once you get, Into The Groove of posting, you’ll enjoy it.
The round up of recent events (click on the links below, and it will bring up the relevant link)
- Lynton Crosby gives Tories ‘lovely’ roasting as MPs demand govt EU referendum bill
- Tory members rally behind Cameron as the election approaches. A record 73 per cent of our survey respondents believe that he’s the best person to lead the party into the next election.
- Why Tory MPs are fleeing Westminster. The Curse of Cameron is back.
- Fighting an election on the ‘wrong sort of growth’
- Lib Dems accuse Danny Alexander of ‘going native’
- Ukip MEP says British Muslims should sign charter rejecting violence. Gerard Batten, Ukip’s immigration spokesman, proposed ban on new European mosques and says Qur’an needs updating
- Here’s what a real ‘Marxist diatribe’ about the UK housing market looks like
- 5 MORE things you need to know about Labour’s party reform
- After Falkirk, the pretence of trade-union democracy is coming to an end. Miliband seemed to take the allegations as a personal affront
- Ukip’s anti-Labour mission
- The EU spent £65,000 on newspaper adverts calling euroscepticism “paranoid xenophobia”
- Ukip is a threat to peace in Europe, says Germany. Rise of UK Independence Party hampers cooperation that has kept the continent at peace, Germany’s foreign minister says
- Jeremy Hunt tried to appoint former Tory whip as food agency chair. Claims of Tory efforts to recruit political figures to public jobs boosted after health secretary role with Food Standards Agency
- 22 Gratuitous Funny Pictures Of Michael Gove
- Proof: booze brings top grades. A clear correlation has been found between the amount of money Cambridge colleges spend on alcohol and the percentage of firsts they receive.
- BP chief heartens pro-union campaigners. ‘Great Britain is great and ought to stay together,’
- SCOTLAND would find itself “under the Tories forever” if it voted for independence, outspoken MP George Galloway told a rally in Edinburgh.
- As a new MP I’ve learned politicians aren’t trusted. I want to change that. Politics will work better if people have more control over their lives – and giving power back is the only way to rebuild trust
- Pakistan’s future is tied to the Taliban.
- Protecting farms or front rooms? The impossible dilemma that climate change forces upon us
- YouGov asks: What is it about Lib Dems and Sci-Fi?
- Why English men are better than their French counterparts
- Benedict Cumberbatch and the Sign of Four (or is it Three?) as he appears on Sesame Street and meets his nemesis, Murray-arty.
- Kevin Pietersen’s England career ended by ECB
- Today is 1,803rd Anniversary of Roman Emperor Septimius Severus dying at Eboracum (modern York, England) while preparing to lead a campaign against the Caledonians. He leaves the empire in the control of his two quarrelling sons.