Home of the web’s best political conversation
Why not relax, and converse into the night on the day’s events in PB NightHawks.
If you’re a lurker, and Wannabe a poster, Stop, lurking, Spice Up Your Life, by becoming a poster on pb.
The round up of recent events (click on the links below, and it will bring up the relevant link)
- The only loser in Britain’s resurgent economy is Labour - Now George Osborne’s austerity strategy has been vindicated, Ed Balls must admit Labour’s mistakes and help the UK grow
- Britain’s economic recovery: unbalanced and unsustainable
- Growth has returned, but Labour can still win on the economy if it can answer these five questions
- How the Tories can win the next election
- These graph are ominous for Labour.
- LabourList readers don’t expect Miliband to win a majority in 2015
- 50p, deficit reduction and hiding from the long ugly.
- And the new Liberal Democrat Deputy Leader is……
- Want to defeat UKIP? Then get more working class people into politics
- Nigel Farage: ‘The Tories have failed; only Ukip dares cut spending on NHS and pensions’
- Truculent Tory backbenchers could be Alex Salmond’s secret weapon
- Is 2014 the Year Scotland Finally Gains Independence? (H/T – TheUnionDivvie)
- Figures show extent of NHS reliance on foreign nationals. Thinktank warns stricter immigration rules could hit service after stats show 11% of all staff and 26% of doctors are non-British
- Supertramp Breakfast in America album cover in bizarre 9/11 conspiracy theory on David Icke forum
- Labour should target Muslims, survey finds, Conservatives Jews and Lib Dems… Buddhists. Among Christians, Anglicans are the most consistently authoritarian and conservative, while Catholics are more likely to be left-wing
- Council to reserve seats for citizen journalists
- Hillary Clinton’s Comment She Hasn’t Driven Since ’96 Is Out Of Tune With Populist Mood
- Ugandan President tells angry MPs: People are born gay just like albinos
- Iraq and Iran plot oil revolution in challenge to Saudi Arabia. Iraq’s goal of pumping 9m barrels a day of crude could be a game changer for oil prices and British companies
- Star Trek Replicator Nearing Reality?
- If Newspaper Headlines Were Scientifically Accurate
- Man fights off shark, stitches up own leg, goes to the pub.
- In memory of backpasses (1863-1993) Before goalkeepers played like sweepers and footballers looked like athletes, there was a time when Vinnie Jones, Lee Dixon and Graeme Souness treated us to the glories of the backpass
- NATO says film trailers should be shorter
- 24′s Jack Bauer outsmarted by Only Fools and Horses’ Del Boy
- Tomorrow is the 158th anniversary of the establishment of the Victoria Cross.