Home of the web’s best political conversation
Why not relax, and converse into the night on the day’s events in PB NightHawks.
To you lurkers, why not delurk? It’s Not Unusual to delurk, once you delurk, you won’t be able to Help Yourself from posting, soon PB will feel like The Green, Green Grass of Home.
The round up of recent events (click on the links below, and it will bring up the relevant link)
- The Milibelievers are destroying Labour’s chances for victory in 2015.
- George Osborne’s New Year message: Labour is rubbish
- The next election may be a year away, but Osborne is on the campaign trail. It’s a risky strategy. The Chancellor displays some chutzpah in turning deficit reduction to his advantage
- The Tories need a better message than “don’t let Labour back in.” If the spectre of Gordon Brown alone were sufficient to propel the electorate into Cameron’s arms, he would now be governing with a majority.
- Fisking George Osborne’s ‘hard truths’ speech
- What Number 10 really thinks of the Gove v Clegg feud
- Why does the left ignore the true progressive party – the Greens?
- Carwyn Jones offers lessons for Westminster from a Labour government. Wales first minister expects Wales to be viewed as a microcosm of Labour’s ability to govern effectively on national scale
- David Cameron now the only main party leader not to back 3-3-3 TV debates
- How a tactical alliance between UKIP and the Tories could work
- New Year blues for back to school Tories – With some interesting predictions.
- How has the SNP progressed to the brink of achieving independence?
- Betting-shop machines sucking cash out of communities … this is what predatory capitalism looks like
- Is there a case for the legal system to turn to Continental-style justice? As lawyers demonstrate against plans by Chris Grayling, the Lord Chancellor, to cut legal aid, it could be time to consider an inquisitorial system
- Lib Dem smugness has made terrorists’ lives easier. Nick Clegg’s party is risking our safety to impress the Islington dinner party circuit.
- 10 Reasons You Will Fall Back In Love With Nick Clegg At The Next General Election
- Spain’s King Juan Carlos told Britain: ‘we don’t want Gibraltar back’
- Man goes on hunger strike AGAINST gay rights. How the internet responds is guaranteed to make you laugh (Some of this maybe possibly be NSFW)
- David Cameron’s hairdresser was given an MBE.
- How the film Fiddler on the Roof effected the United States judiciary.
- BBC’s Sherlock newspaper mock-up describes London Mayor as “dithering, incoherent, and self-interested”
- Simon Hoggart’s obituary.
- Artist Greg Martin, responsible for a range of classic game covers in the 80s and 90s, including Sonic The Hedgehog, has sadly passed away.
- Pastafarian Wins Election to Town Board and Takes Oath with a Colander on His Head (Hat-tip: Richard Tyndall)