Home of the web’s best political conversation
If you’re suffering from a lack of Rapid Eye Movement sleep, why not relax, and converse into the night on the day’s events in PB NightHawks.
If you’re a lurker, why not leave the Great Beyond and delurk. Don’t worry, if you delurk, you won’t be saying, It’s the End of the World as We Know It, You’ll become Shiny Happy People if you delurk.
The round up of recent events (click on the links below, and it will bring up the relevant link)
- Unite, Grangemouth and a long ago ex-girlfriend of mine.
- PMQs Verdict: Miliband must avoid being a “one trick pony” – but on energy prices, Cameron is a “no trick pony”
- At PMQs, David Cameron needs to calm down and copy Tony Blair
- Families now spend MORE of their income on household bills than during the recession without feeling effects of recovery
- Gordon Brown (former PM but still MP) describes himself as ‘ex-politician’
- Sarah Brown (No, not that Sarah Brown): Sexist Labour needs All Women Shortlists, the Liberal Democrats can change without them
- Can Nick Clegg hold the line on not offering any red lines?
- Robert Webb tells Russell Brand: your New Statesman essay has made me rejoin the Labour party.
- John Denham warns against Labour division on HS2 rail line. In an article for Progress magazine, former cabinet minister urges party to act in national interest and support the project
- HS2 won’t solve the North’s economic problems – it might make them worse
- Blair does a Major and ruins Miliband’s week, saying Labour should have made cuts before the crash
- Poundland case: government defeated again over employment schemes. Iain Duncan Smith’s appeal to supreme court fails as justices rule work programmes were legally flawed
- The Poundland ruling sends out the wrong message about workfare. The supreme court judgement leaves the impression that no obligations are attached to the receipt of benefits
- Discrimination during election campaigns should be reported
- Diary of an anonymous MP’s researcher reveals ‘bullying’ behaviour
- Who is the leader of the Respect party these days?
- Quitting the English Defence League: When Tommy Met Mo
- Police ethics ‘fall well short’, warns report
- Jam will be reduced to ‘coloured mud’ under plans to cut sugar levels which spell the ‘end of the British breakfast as we know it
- A teacher in Scotland who told students that “Hitler wasn’t all bad”, because he killed gay people, has been struck off.
- Yorkshire – it’s even better than we thought! - Yorkshire is the third best region in the world, better than Texas, Mallorca and Hunan in China, according to Lonely Planet’s 2014 Best in Travel list
- 30 of the ugliest football kits you will ever see
- Law firm selects mutant carrot as mascot
- The Geek in me says, The Ohio State University Marching Band does the greatest thing ever done by humanity.