Home of the web’s best political conversation
Why not relax, and converse into the night on the day’s events in PB NightHawks.
By the way, if you’re a lurker, this is The Call from me urging to delurk, hopefully some of you lurkers will Get Down to posting, I’m expecting more than The One lurker delurks.
The round up of recent events (click on the links below, and it will bring up the relevant link)
- Conservatives are winning on welfare reform, says Labour poll expert
- David Cameron accused of exaggerating tax break benefits for married couples. PM faces calls to issue correction after wrongly saying tax break for married couples would benefit every basic rate taxpayer
Labour keeps digging on marriage tax breaks
- PMQs verdict: Miliband seized the agenda, Cameron reached for the lies and smears
- Middle-class people are the benefit fraudsters it’s OK to like. So 165,000 high-earning parents claiming child benefit have not yet signed up for self-assessment. Yet they don’t get demonised
- Fuel poverty is getting worse. Can Ed Miliband save the day?
- BBC austerity survey: why the public is wrong this time
- Alex Salmond spent £20,000 keeping secret non-existent EU legal advice.
- Streeter shines at ’22 Deputy Speaker hustings
- Ex-ministers Dawn Butler and Tony McNulty in fight for Labour seat in Brent Central
- SeanT sits on the fence and has written a very even-handed, possibly over-cautious assessment of the last Labour government.
- 5 Myths about Labour’s reshuffle
- Ming Campbell announces he’s to retire as MP in 2015
- Fresh rail fares blow for commuters
- Badgers for Goalposts? “The badgers moved the goalposts”
- In Full: Nick Clegg’s speech on Europe: Richer, stronger, safer, greener
- Gulf states to introduce medical testing on travellers to ‘detect’ gay people and stop them from entering the country
- England and Arsenal’s Jack Wilshire says ‘Keep England for the English’
- Whilst Kevin Pietersen adds his contribution to Wilshire’s observations.
- Jacob Rees-Mogg says Adam Afriyie isn’t helping the Eurosceptic cause. He should pipe down
- Neil Kinnock interview: Labour must “absolutely not” support an EU referendum
- Labour “making decision” over whether to back HS2 next spring
- Has Clegg sent Norman Baker to stop the return of the Snooper’s Charter?
- The real scandal of Ralph Miliband’s politics
- The Sunday Sports prints the truth about Ralph Miliband that no other papers dare to publishes